Bullitt Group, the global licensee for Cat® phones, today announced its Cat S62 rugged smartphone. It is available first at T-Mobile for customers across the US looking to benefit from premium Cat rugged credentials for resilience, safety and hygiene to create the ultimate work phone.
Bullitt Group developed this smartphone primarily to excel in any work environment, from industry to America’s rural heartland. The Cat S62 exceeds US military standard MIL- SPEC 810H passing high and low temperature, thermal shocks, salt mist conditions, vibration and tumble tests. It also meets stringent safety requirements for protection even in potentially hazardous conditions, certified to Non-Incendive, Class I, Division 2, Group A-D, T4. In addition, its superbright, 5.7″ display is protected by scratch and shatter-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6 and is optimized for outdoor use with wet-finger or glove-on working technology.
The Cat S62 includes a fingerprint sensor for security, login and remote payments and a dedicated programmable side button for easy push-to-talk capabilities or instant access to the camera, flashlight or a preferred app. It has a large battery for up to two days in the field without needing to recharge. When you do need to recharge, the device supports Qi Wireless Charging, Quick Charge 4.0 and Pogo pins for quick power when and where you need it.
For many first responders, construction workers, logistics, agriculture, field workers and more, reliable equipment is essential. The Cat S62 is deliberately built for dependability, drawing from more than a decade of experience and combining the ultimate military-grade technology with lessons learned from those in the field.
“A rugged Cat device offers exceptional value particularly for business and enterprise customers who employ individuals in rugged conditions or who do remote field work, by reducing additional repair costs and extending the useful life of the phone,” said Steve Morgan, Head of Channel Marketing at Bullitt Group. “Bringing the Cat S62 to T-Mobile customers combines Military Spec hardware built for the job with a reliable network for the ultimate work phone combination.”
*Battery times (talk time, standby time, and more) are based on 3G and are subject to network and phone usage.
Key features include:
- IP68 Sand, dust and dirt resistant. Military standards, MIL-SPEC 810H temperature extreme survivability, vibration and tumble tests
- Drop Tested up to 6ft onto steel with multiple drops onto every side and corner
- Vibration, sand, salt mist and pressure resistant
- Fully waterproof and submersible; scrub with soaps and disinfectants: 5 ft of water for 35 minutes
- Bleach resistant – Bleach wipe test with 3000 cycles
- Chemical resistant – Alcohol abrasion test with 100 cycles, Real world chemical susceptibility, sanitiser friendly
- No case required
- Non-Incendive, Class I, Division 2, Group A-D, T4
- Powerful 4,000mAh Battery
- Supports Wireless Charging (Qi), Quick Charge 4.0, and Pogo Charging
- High performance 5.7″ FHD+ Display Protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6
- Super-bright display optimized for outdoor visibility. Works with wet hands or while wearing gloves
- 48MP + 2MP rear camera with Flash, Portrait, Panorama, Beauty, and 4X Zoom, 8MP front camera
- 4GB RAM, 128GB ROM, Expandable Storage (microSD™)
- Programmable key with PTT mode
- Android™ 10 (with upgrade to 11 in Autumn 2021)
- Comprehensive 2-year Warranty
- Android Enterprise support
- Security updates cover for 2 years
- Zero-touch support
The Cat S62 smartphone retails for $498 and will be exclusively available at T-Mobile at launch.
About Cat devices and accessories:
The Cat® brand stands for trustworthiness, durability, reliability and quality. The Cat DNA is found in every Cat mobile phone, offered by its global mobile licensee Bullitt Group, whose exceptional manufacturing experience is harnessed to create a global-category-leading mobile range in a highly competitive and poorly differentiated market.
To find out more about Cat phones, visit www.catphones.com.
About Bullitt Group
Bullitt Group are the pioneers of rugged mobile with over a decade of ‘tough tech’ experience. Since its formation in 2009, Bullitt has consistently led the market with its innovation and won international awards for its tough mobile products. Bullitt designs, manufactures and distributes millions of mobile phones to over 50 markets worldwide.
Bullitt is the global licensee for Cat® (Caterpillar Inc.) Land Rover and Motorola for mobile phones and related peripherals. Its portfolio is constantly learning and evolving through rugged consumer research and development, using its exceptional expertise at strengthening and toughening mobile technology for the demands of extreme working conditions and hard knocks of everyday life.
Bullitt Group’s Head Office is in Reading, England with additional office locations in the United States, Taiwan, China, South Africa, Germany and Australia.
© 2021 Caterpillar. All Rights Reserved. CAT, CATERPILLAR, LET’S DO THE WORK, their respective logos, “Caterpillar Yellow,” the “Power Edge” and “Modern Hex” trade dress as well as corporate and product identity used herein, are trademarks of Caterpillar and may not be used without permission.
Bullitt Mobile Ltd, a licensee of Caterpillar Inc.
www.cat.com / www.caterpillar.com
 Some gloves may not work with this feature