Vacancy Name: Quality Manager
Vacancy Description: Manage design quality, product test plans, manufacturing quality, and field quality to meet product warranty return expectations.
Salary Range: Competitive
Job Title: Quality Manager
Job Purpose: Manage design quality, product test plans, manufacturing quality, and field quality to meet product warranty return expectations.
Reports To: Director of Quality
- Co-work with the Taiwan and China engineering team.
- Day-to-day interface to ODM partners (China or Taiwan), RD teams, Quality teams, Factory teams, and Service teams.
- Provide quality support to all functional teams, including UK Product team, UK Sales team, UK pre-Sales team, China OM team, and UK Service team.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze all historical warranty data and review with Quality Director to identify the opportunity of improvement in design quality and manufacturing quality.
- Participate design review with engineering team and ODM RD team. Highlight risky areas and drive for design-in actions.
- Conduct learned lesson review and design for manufacturing review with ODM partner and Engineering team to ensure all quality concerns have been captured and properly addressed in the design.
- Develop and lock down Reliability test plan and criteria to ensure quality goals are met.
- Manage factory ramp for all new products and ensure all quality criteria are met. On-site monitor factory ramp and take immediate action if any potential show stopper observed.
- Work closely with ODM partner in early return analysis, identify key issues and drive resolutions to minimize the warranty impact.
- Provide a local assistance to support the communication between Service team and ODM Partner for the Service readiness.
- Conduct a supplier survey on potential new ODM partners with a focus on quality culture and process in both product development and manufacturing. Provide reports and opinions on the risks and benefits of the potential partners.
- Coordinate customer onsite audit and facilitate ODM quality team with specific improvement actions upon the auditor observations, in order to get the auditor acceptance in shortest response time.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in product quality
- 8+ years’ experience in mobile phone / tablet design
- Familiar with quality tools, like PFMEA, DFMEA, DFx, QC 7 tools, statistical analysis
- Expert in design quality/ DFMEA / PFMEA / DFx (DFM, DFR, DFS, …)
- Familiar with requirements of ISO certifications
- Capable of working independently
- Good English communication in listening,speaking, reading, and writing.
- Good communication skill in working with China team
Working at Bullitt is exciting, challenging and incredibly rewarding! We have a decade’s worth of experience partnering with some of the world’s biggest brands, helping these global brands extend their product portfolios into new categories, particularly in the connected devices market.
Since our formation in 2009, Bullitt Group has designed, manufactured and distributed millions of mobile phones, audio products, other connected
devices and related peripherals to more than 70 countries across the globe.
We design, manufacture, market and sell products under license for our brand partners. We are the global licensee for Cat (Caterpillar Inc.) and Land
Rover for mobile phones and related peripherals.
Our Head Office is in Reading, UK with additional office locations in Taipei (Taiwan), Shenzhen (China) and employees across Europe and the USA.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role then we would love to hear from you!
Experience: 10+ years’ experience in product quality. 8+ years’ experience in mobile phone/tablet design. Familiar with quality tools, like PFMEA, DFMEA, DFx, QC 7 tools, statistical analysis.
Location: Taiwan or China
Vacancy Type: External
Please ensure that you read the Bullitt Group Privacy Notice before applying for this role. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and understand the terms of this notice when you fill in the application form for this role.Apply