Accounts Payable Assistant
Job Title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Job Purpose: To assist with maintaining the Accounts Payable Ledgers across the Bullitt Group of companies.
Reports To: Holli Gander, Finance Manager (day to day supervision: David Collier, AP Supervisor)
- Based in our central Reading office.
- The Accounts Payable Assistant will be expected to quickly form close working relationships with our Vendors as well as with our internal budget holders, including those based at other locations outside of the UK.
- The Accounts Payable Assistant will be expected to assist in all of the accounts payable ledgers including matching purchase orders, processing invoices, making payments, reconciliations of vendor accounts and providing internal budget holders with information as required. They will also be required to ensure that all purchases are made within company policy and the approval matrix.
- This is a role for someone who has an eye for detail, understands the importance of both vendor and customer relationships and can work under pressure especially at crucial times such as month end.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with AP supervisor to manage the AP function.
- Logging invoices on to the invoice register as they are received.
- Assist in processing of vendor invoices onto SAGE.
- Ensuring all invoices received correspond to approved purchase orders through the WAP system and highlighting any quantity or price variances to AP Supervisor.
- Challenge all unapproved costs into the business and report to AP Supervisor.
- Work with internal departments and vendors to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Responsible for ensuring all data held on the AP Database is accurate and current.
- Monitor and control onboarding of new vendors.
- Monthly reconciliation of all vendor statements liaising with vendors to resolve any discrepancies.
- Monthly review of AP Ledger to follow and resolve any outstanding queries.
- Assisting preparation of payment run, setting up payments in multiple currencies and obtaining approvals for all payments.
- Processing supplier payments in multiple bank accounts through SAGE.
- Assisting with profiling of payments for weekly cashflow forecast.
- Run WAP reports at month end to chase up on outstanding approvals.
- Help manage the Bullitt Finance mailbox on a daily basis.
- Filing of invoices.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A strong team player with the ability to challenge where necessary
- Experience in all aspects of Accounts Payable and Vendor management including purchase order processing.
- An ability to form close working relationships with vendors and non-finance colleagues, both internal and external.
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure that information is entered correctly first time.
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise and work unsupervised in order to ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience in using SAGE 200 or similar ERP system preferred.
- Experience in the use of Lloyds or similar online banking system preferred.
- Strong Excel skills preferred.
Key Result Areas/Measures of Role Success:
- Accuracy and efficiency of processing invoices and purchase orders.
- The ability to demonstrate to the AP Supervisor/Finance Manager an overall understanding of the Accounts Payable Ledger.
Other Important Role Information:
- Salary at current market rate.
- 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays & birthday day.
- Company benefits including pension, healthcare and death in service.
- Study support discretionary upon completion of probation period.
About Bullitt Group
Founded in 2009 by Colin Batt, Dave Floyd and Richard Wharton, Bullitt Group enables the world’s leading brands to enter into rapid growth consumer technology categories creating extension to their portfolios and new, long term income streams in the process.
Bullitt works with leading global brands to develop, manufacture, market and sell consumer electronics products to meet unaddressed customer needs in specific categories. Currently the Bullitt Group holds the global licenses for Caterpillar Inc, Kodak and Land Rover, with a growing portfolio of products covering the rugged, lifestyle and outdoor categories.
Bullitt’s strategy is to identify underserved customer segments in specific categories, to approach global brands, who do not have product to serve customers in these categories, but for whom their brand would have significant appeal, then to work with the brand to develop and go to market with high quality products to meet these customers’ needs.
Bullitt Group has shipped millions of mobile phones, audio products, connected devices and related peripherals to more than 145 countries worldwide, with revenues significantly in excess of $200m pa. Headquartered in Reading (UK), today Bullitt Group has over 156 employees with additional offices in Charlotte (USA), Shenzen (China ) and Taipei (Taiwan).
Bullitt Group has significant growth ambitions which will be fueled by diversifying the brand and product portfolio and growing Bullitt’s global presence, particularly in USA, Asia and LATAM. This strategy is underpinned by a drive across the organisation to innovate, think digital first and to place a much greater focus on the end consumer.