Customer Supply Chain Specialist – US Operators
Job Title: Customer Supply Chain Specialist – US Operators
Reports To: Operations Director
Job Purpose: Managing order management and logistics for Bullitt customers in the USA.
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
Order fulfilment Logistics and Delivery
- Working with the Operations Director taking responsibility for forecasting finished goods (mobile phones) and long lead time component demand, up to 6 months ahead.
- Leading the supply chain process from sales order received to customer delivery for specific sales teams /regions, mostly in the US.
- Working with the factory and Bullitt logistics teams in China to manage production within the required lead times and arrange international shipping.
- Working with USA based 3PL partners to arrange shipping to the customer.
- Experience in managing data files for US Operators.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the supply chain in terms of leadtime etc.
- Handle special situations, such as customer specific requirements, shipping samples, ad-hoc labeling requirements, shipping to non-standard locations, etc.
- Partnering with finance to ensure all customer credit issues understood and communicated effectively, and that all commercial invoicing is issued on the earliest possible date.
- Management and scheduling of repeat orders with suppliers to ensure on time delivery. Close communication with sales to understand customer priorities
- Allocating and managing stock of finished products, spare parts and components against forecast and customer POs
- Be responsible for the efficient forecast-to-invoicing of customer orders within agreed SLAs ensuring that all activities are performed within agreed timescales and required quality standards.
- Escalate customer issues or potential breaches of SLA as appropriate and take responsibility for following exceptions and issues through to resolution, continuously liaising with the customer to provide updates on progress and agree any changes to specifications and timescales.
Business process and continual operational improvement
- Continuously monitoring the performance of business through regular reporting and KPI reviews, managing production priorities to match customer demand.
- Support the Operations Director in identifying, developing and implementing improvements to processes, local procedures and tools relating to the order delivery service and the fulfilment of the order process.
- Evolving KPIs, SLAs and metrics to better understand and drive operational performance
- Effective communication across the business to implement improvements.
- Ability to manage multiple SKUs from multiple suppliers / locations to fulfil customer orders on time in full.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in mobile phone manufacture essential.
- Ideally holds a degree in supply chain or logistics management or similar relevant qualification.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a multi-supplier environment managing multiple product SKUs.
- Must have experience in customer facing order processing and supply chain management experience.
- Must have previous experience of working with deliveries to Tier 1 Operators in the USA (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile US or Verizon)
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of establishing and maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Significant knowledge of international logistics, Incoterms and the mobile phone industry.
- At least 3 years’ forecasting, planning and supply chain performance experience.
- At least 6 years’ experience of order fulfilment logistics and delivery including previous work with freight-forwarders, working with overseas supply chain teams and ability to handle non-standard situations in terms of shipping.
- Spanish speaking is an advantage.
- Experience of working with an ERP system (Sage, SAP and/ or Salesforce).
- A proactive team player who has experience of working in a fast-growing and changing environment.
- Someone who can meet and manage challenging deadlines and workloads, whilst ensuring routine tasks are being met as required.
- Someone who has experience of challenging the status quo and who can demonstrate improvements they have made to the businesses they have worked in.
This role offers a career defining opportunity to join a successful and growing international business and help to shape and build a logistics function that delivers outstanding value to the organisation.
Other Important Role Information:
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina for occasional USA travel and international travel to UK.
About Bullitt Group:
Founded in 2009, we are a dynamic, fast growing business with our headquarters in Reading, UK. We help global brands extend their (product) portfolios into new categories, particularly in the connected devices market. We design, manufacture, market and sell products under license for our brand partners.
We have become a trusted partner and brand guardian across all levels of product design, development, manufacture, distribution and sale for the leading global brands with whom we work. Our growing brand portfolio includes Caterpillar, Kodak and Land Rover. Our deep expertise covers categories including rugged mobile devices and accessories, high-end photography-led smartphones and other connected devices. We are now expanding our scope beyond hardware to create whole ecosystems for brands involving apps, software and customer service offerings that are bespoke to each category and its needs.
We have shipped millions of mobile phones, audio products, connected devices and related peripherals to more than 60 countries worldwide, with revenues significantly in excess of $100m pa. Headquartered in Reading (UK), today we have 160 employees with offices in New York (USA), Shenzhen (China), Singapore and Taipei (Taiwan).
Peter Stephens, our CEO joined Bullitt from Virgin in early 2016. Since then he has recruited an executive team, reorganised the company to align business activities around a core portfolio of brands and product, and built a new sales organisation to support our growth ambitions globally, whilst overseeing the continued development of our product portfolio.
We have significant growth ambitions which will be fueled by diversifying the brand and product portfolio and growing our global presence, particularly in Asia. This strategy is underpinned by a drive across the organisation to innovate, think digital first and to place a much greater focus on the end consumer.