Introducing the tough new 5G Cat® S53 smartphone and Cat Q10 5G mobile internet hotspot
For reliable high-speed connectivity
READING, UK, July 19, 2022 – Bullitt Group, the global licensee for Cat® phones, today adds two new 5G devices to its range, with the unveiling of the next generation Cat S53 Smartphone and its first mobile hotspot, the rugged Cat Q10, now available.
These new Cat phones 5G devices provide significantly faster download and uplink speeds, crucially important to handle the ongoing digitalisation across many core Cat rugged phone industry customer profiles.
For example, according to McKinsey and Company*, the digitalisation of products and processes is particularly impacting the construction industry, where there is an increased reliance on data-driven decisions and collaboration. From smart buildings to project management, without access to high-speed data across the whole team on site, day to day operations are often delayed and disrupted.
Access to high speed internet is key, for every new construction site, for every logistics crew prioritising their ever increasing e-commerce deliveries, for smart warehouses and every job relying on data-based decisions, but rarely available on day one to the whole team. The Cat Q10 solves this problem by being able to securely connect 32 devices, even 4G or WiFi-only devices, to fast 5G speeds, ensuring optimum productivity from the very start of every project.
As the first 5G Cat phone, the S53 provides high-speed, dependable connectivity. Whether it’s needed for enhanced productivity on a busy construction site, accessing shared work documents, or calling in the next job. The Cat S53 is an Android smartphone that will keep up with you at your busiest.
The Cat S53 is also packed with incredibly useful features and design enhancements, all protected by the Mil-Spec 810H-certified toughness Cat phones is renowned for.
New features include a large 6.5-inch HD+ screen, making it the perfect tool for watching or sharing video or images taken with its high-quality Sony 48MP camera with the team. There’s no need to worry about this bigger screen, it’s protected by a thick recessed pane of toughened glass that’s engineered to be highly scratch and impact resistant. The Cat S53 has been put to the test in the field and is able to withstand multiple falls and drops, for all life’s challenges.
The latest Cat phone is equipped with an ultra-bright, top-facing dedicated flashlight that can be switched on by the side programmable key to instantly light up a dark workspace. It also has a big battery, so no need to worry about finding a charging source – but when you do have access to power it supports 18W fast charging and Qi wireless charging. It has an easy-to-grip design, even with gloves on, that incorporates a lanyard attachment and a fingerprint sensor conveniently positioned on the back for ultimate usability on the job.
This is a phone that can be covered in mud, dropped, or left out in the rain without fear. A phone you can use to stream high-quality video on its large clear display in one moment, but throw in your kit bag or toolbox the next.
Meanwhile the Cat Q10 is a 5G mobile internet hotspot that provides reliable and fast connectivity for multiple devices, particularly outdoors thanks to its robust, weatherproof design.
The Cat Q10 is highly portable and has countless uses for businesses and individuals alike.
Whether it’s to maintain security and welfare at remote construction sites or to keep teams on the move connected; or to ensure outdoor businesses and events have a stable point-of-sale connection, the Cat Q10 will maintain critical connectivity. It can even provide holiday properties or hospitality venues with a previously unavailable broadband connection.
The Cat Q10 is also invaluable for families and individuals on-the-go or in settings where WiFi networks cannot be relied upon. Perfect to keep the whole camping trip connected, used poolside to entertain everyone on holiday, or for working from the new garden office. With the Cat Q10, 4G or WiFi-only devices can be connected to fast 5G speeds, so you can keep the music playing, keep the videos streaming, keep the family connected, and reliably work from home or holiday whatever the weather conditions.
Quick and easy to deploy, the Cat Q10 can securely connect up to 32 devices at once, with super-fast WiFi 6 and 5G speeds. It also offers greater security and privacy control – both through multiple WiFi security and encryption modes, and the inherent benefits of using a private secured network – than public Wi-Fi hotspots.
To enhance its portability, the Cat Q10 has a long-life battery to keep connected devices online for longer, with up to 10 hours of constant use. Plus, users can remove and swap the battery, extending the time it will stay powered when out of reach from a charging source.
Please visit www.catphones.com for local retailers and operators.
- Weatherproof: rain, snow, sand, dust and dirt proof. Passed more than 50 seriously tough durability tests, including hundreds of tumbles, full submersions, multiple drop tests on each side and corner, and many more
- Drop-tested on steel from up to 1.8m
- Waterproof to a depth of 1.5m for over 30mins
- Military spec hardware: tested to MIL-SPEC 810H, IP68, IP69K
- 5G support for bands: n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n28, n41, n66, n77, n78
- 5G non-standalone (NSA) with n78
- 5Gbps DL and 600Mbps UL
- 5”HD+ (1600 x720) protected by recessed toughened-glass display
- Large 5500mAh Li-Po battery
- Tested in high and low temperatures, protected from damage
- Supports fast charging and wireless charging
- Lanyard attachment
- Dedicated flashlight, 120 lumens of brightness
- Programmable side key for frequent action shortcuts or for use with Zello push-to-talk
- 48MP Sony IMX582 f/1.79 main sensor with LED flash
- 2MP rear-facing macro sensor for close-ups
- 16MP f/2.0 front-facing selfie camera
- 0GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 processor
- 6GB RAM; 128GB storage, expandable with MicroSD
- Dual nano SIM or SIM + MicroSD
- Android 11
- Business ready – support for Android Enterprise and zero-touch, 2 years of regular security patch updates
- USB 3.0 type-C port
- Safe to clean and sanitise
Connectivity where you need it
- Weatherproof: rain, snow, sand, dust and dirt resistant
- Drop-tested to 1.8m
- Military spec hardware: tested to MIL-SPEC 810H, IP68
- Hard-wearing, non-slip rubberized TPU body
- Lanyard attachment point
- 5300mAh user swappable Li-ion battery, 10 hours usage, 1000 hours standby
- Power bank functionality
- 5G, 4G LTE (Cat 19)
- 67Gbps DL and 2.5Gbps UL
- WiFi 6, 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac / ax 2×2 MIMO
- Connect up to 32 devices simultaneously
- MTK 5G T750 chipset
- Intuitive, easy setup via mobile devices or Internet browsers, scan QR code to start
- Security modes supported: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA3-PSK (AES 128-bit ENCRYPTION)