Advanced antimicrobial product protection applied setting a new standard of hygiene for the future of mobile phones.
Bullitt Group, the global licensee for Cat® phones, today announced the availability of the Cat S42 H+ smartphone and the new Cat B40 4G feature phone, both with advanced antimicrobial product protection blended throughout.
For over a decade, Cat phones have led the way making mobile devices more resilient for the needs of heavy work and the hard knocks of everyday life. Extending that resilience further in the new normal, Cat phones is also setting a new standard in device hygiene.
The Cat S42 H+ (Hygiene Plus Innovation) has enhanced antimicrobial product protection built into its body, making it the first fully and permanently anti-bacterial phone. Every exterior component of its military-grade body has been blended with an antimicrobial silver ion technology additive called Biomaster® during the manufacturing process, to help fight bacteria. Tested to the international ISO 22196 standard, the active antimicrobial agent is proven to inhibit bacteria cells from replicating by over 80% within 15 minutes and 99.9% within 24 hours.
Like all Cat phones, it is a waterproof phone certified to IP68 and IP69. Not only can it be fully submerged in warm soapy water and repeatedly washed, but it has been put under extreme clean testing. It has been bleach wipe tested 3000 times, subjected to pressurised alcohol testing and used with real-world chemical mixtures such as hand sanitzers. Together, this combination of innovations sets a new standard in hygienic phone design.
The new Cat B40 is a professional 4G-enabled feature phone, offering reliable voice and text connections in the toughest environments. Featuring IP68 and IP69 Ingress Protection and Hygiene Plus Innovation, all external components have also been blended with a silver ion-based antimicrobial additive for exceptional germ defense (ISO22196), helping to keep you, your colleagues and your family safe.
Hygiene in all its forms has never been more important and mobile phones are recognized by the WHO as a potential carrier of bacteria and virus, where every interaction could transfer them to your face or skin. Over 17,000 bacteria were found on mobile phones, according to a study published in the academic medical journal, Germs in 2017. Studies have shown the mobile phone in your pocket is 10 times dirtier than a toilet seat.
“One of the reasons our phones are so dirty is the heat they produce. Warm environments are where bacteria thrive, and we all take our mobile phones everywhere with us, to all the places we live and work, constantly picking up new contaminants. We are proud to introduce these antibacterial devices which we hope will help reduce these risks and encourage a complete rethink around how personal and shared phones are used,” said Peter Cunningham, VP Product Portfolio at Bullitt Group.
From nurses to porters, delivery drivers to ground crew, for anyone constantly exposed to other people, this combination of easy clean phone with antimicrobial treatment can make a difference.
The Cat S42 H+ retails for €269 / £239 and the Cat B40 retails for €79.90 / £69.99 via www.catphones.com and via multiple retailers. Available to buy from the end of April 2021.
Hygiene Plus Specifications for Cat S42 H+ and Cat B40
- Fully waterproof and submergible – Scrub with soaps and disinfectants
- Bleach resistant – Bleach wipe test with 3000 cycles
- Chemical resistant – Alcohol abrasion test with 100 cycles, Real world chemical susceptibility, sanitiser friendly
- No case required
- Sand, dust and dirt resistant – IP68 & IP69
- Military standards, MIL-SPEC 810H temperature extreme survivability, vibration and tumble tests
- Drop tested up to 1.8m (6ft) on to steel with multiple drops onto every side and corner
- Cat S42 H+ up to 1.5m for 35 minutes, B40 up to 1.2m for 35 minutes
Key S42 H+ Specifications
- Powerful 4,200mAh battery
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5
- 5″ HD+ 18×9 display optimised for outdoor use with a touchscreen that can be used with wet fingers or when wearing gloves
- Android™ 10 (with upgrade to 11 in Autumn 2021)
- 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Expandable Storage (microSD™)
- Mediatek Helio A20 MT 6761D chipset, 1.8GHz quad-core processor
- 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera
- LTE Cat 6, VoLTE, VoWiFi
- Textured, extra grip design
- Programmable Shortcut Key useful for Push to Talk (PTT), SOS (Lone worker app), or to easily launch its torch or camera
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- 5mm audio jack (waterproof)
- Curated apps and content catalogue
- Dual SIM – Nano SIM + microSD™
- 2-year warranty
- Android Enterprise support
- Security updates cover for 3 years
- Zero-touch support
Key B40 Specifications
- 1800mAh Non removable Lithium Ion battery, 30 days standby, 11 hours talk time
- 4″ QVGA display
- Proprietary operating system
- Expandable Storage, microSD™ up to 32GB*
- Unisoc T117 processor
- 2MP camera
- VoLTE, operator dependent
- GSM bands 2,3,5,8
- 3G bands 1,2,5,8
- 4G bands 1,3,7,8,20,28
- Super bright 100+ lumens dedicated torch
- USB Type C
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 5mm audio jack (waterproof)
- Nano SIM, Single SIM
- Temperature, -25°C to 55°C (-13°F – 131°F)
- 2-year warranty
Network bands in regions may be different, depending on the mobile operator and your location. Upload and download speeds also depend on the mobile operator.
Available storage is less due to phone software. Battery times (talk time, standby time, and more) are based on 3G and are subject to network and phone usage. Note: Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
* Larger cards may work if formatted to FAT32 in the device (done via Menu, Apps, Organiser, Files, move right to SD Card tab)
Biomaster is a product of Addmaster.
For more information, visit: https://www.addmaster.co.uk/biomaster
About Cat devices and accessories:
The Cat® brand stands for trustworthiness, durability, reliability and quality. The Cat DNA is found in every Cat mobile phone, offered by its global mobile licensee Bullitt Group, whose exceptional manufacturing experience is harnessed to create a global-category-leading mobile range in a highly competitive and poorly differentiated market.
To find out more about Cat phones, visit www.catphones.com.
About Bullitt Group
Bullitt Group are the pioneers of rugged mobile with over a decade of ‘tough tech’ experience. Since its formation in 2009, Bullitt has consistently led the market with its innovation and won international awards for its tough mobile products. Bullitt designs, manufactures and distributes millions of mobile phones to over 50 markets worldwide.
Bullitt is the global licensee for Cat® (Caterpillar Inc.) Land Rover and Motorola for mobile phones and related peripherals. Its portfolio is constantly learning and evolving through rugged consumer research and development, using its exceptional expertise at strengthening and toughening mobile technology for the demands of extreme working conditions and hard knocks of everyday life.
Bullitt Group’s Head Office is in Reading, England with additional office locations in the United States, Taiwan, China, South Africa, Germany and Australia.
© 2021 Caterpillar. All Rights Reserved. CAT, CATERPILLAR, LET’S DO THE WORK, their respective logos, “Caterpillar Yellow,” the “Power Edge” and “Modern Hex” trade dress as well as corporate and product identity used herein, are trademarks of Caterpillar and may not be used without permission.
Bullitt Mobile Ltd, a licensee of Caterpillar Inc.
www.cat.com / www.caterpillar.com